With the right lighting, textures, tiles, accessories and fixtures, like a nice towel rack, you can transform any bathroom – no matter how small it is. With a few simple tricks, a small bathroom can be transformed into vibrant, visually inviting space. Every detail will add life, so choose towel racks and other bathroom accessories, like a modern and elegant glass soap dish with care! If you looking to save a little money - try buying a discount towel rack.
Tips on Decorating Small Bathrooms
- Decide on a color palette. Choose a bold color, but not a primary color. It’s a small room so you want the color to bring in your personality. You want the color to contrast with the stark-white fixtures and towels on your towel rack.
- After choosing a color, paint the walls of the bathroom, but leave six to eight inches unpainted at the top of the walls. Paint the ceiling the same color, but one or two shades lighter. Use this color to paint the space left at the top. This creates the illusion of height.
- For a bathroom mirror, choose either a medicine cabinet that frames the mirror or a simple mirror that hangs flush against the wall.
- The lighting fixtures should be bright enough to allow for makeup application or for shaving, and they should flank the mirror, rather than be placed above it. You want to add another light to the bathroom. Ideally this would be an overhead, recessed light that provides a soft glow to the room. If you can’t install a light overhead, add one or two sconces to the wall opposite the vanity mirror.
- For your faucets, choose a brushed nickel or burnished gold. Select a shape that complements the curves and lines of your vanity, toilet, towel rack and tub. Ultimately, you want your sconces, faucets and towel racks to all have similar shape and scale. This can become pricey, so remember to look at a discount towel rack and other reduced-priced items first. You might be able to find the perfect discount towel rack – reducing your overall costs.
- Keep a small basket beneath the towel rack for extra towels. This simple touch adds texture to the space. Choose a shower curtain that has a subtle pattern to it. This is also a good place to bring in a little extra color.
Decorating a small space such as a bathroom can be easy and fun. One never associates creativity with things such as a towel rack, but choosing the perfect towel rack can be an expression of creativity if it represents your style. And when you want to redecorate, all you need to do is repaint, choose a new shower curtain and change out your accessories.
Stacks and Stacks, founded in 1984 in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a nationally recognized internet retailer. Stacksandstacks.com provides the best solutions for storage and organization, furniture, home furnishings for the living room, bedroom, office, kitchen, bathroom, and garage Choose from over 40,000 stylish, and affordable products for every room of the home.
Copyright 2013, Stacks and Stacks. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.