For most parents, toy storage is just as important as the toys they choose to put into toy storage devices. Unless children's play areas are well organized and easy to maintain, there's a good chance they'll feel overwhelmed and not want to play there. Kids like to help, and organizing toys and putting toys away into toy storage is a good activity to do together. Besides, helping them take pride in their space, itís an opportunity to learn more about the joys of being an organized person.
You donít have to spend a fortune on kids toy storage; there are plenty of places to buy cheap toy storage. Many websites, like Stacksandstacks.com, offer loads of choice in cheap toy storage.
Helpful Hints for Getting Your Kids Organized:
- Consider your child's personality and interests and create toy storage areas for those interests. Create toy storage areas for arts and crafts as well as toy storage areas for board games.
- Store according to age: Younger children like open toy bin sorters on low shelves or the floor for easy cleanup and toy storage; Older children can use drawers, under-bed toy storage, shelves, pegs and pegboards.
- Avoid using large toy boxes as a catchall for toy storage. What is out of sight rarely gets played with. Sort toys into groups, and then stash in smaller baskets, bins or boxes. You can find cheap toy storage solutions to the big bin of lost toys.
- Have toy baskets around the house for easy pickup and transfer. Even if you have a separate playroom, toys will invade your entire house. Do a quick cleanup each night and take the toys back to the play area for proper toy storage.
- Organize outdoor toys and equipment so you're ready to go at a moment's notice. Use a large basket as toy storage for balls, mitts and bats.
- Enforce cleanup rules and consequences. Learning to put things away and stay organized takes time and practice. Children need adult help to learn new habits like being organized and respectful of belongings. Toy storage not only keeps kids organized, it helps them learn how to properly care for their toys.
Stacks and Stacks, founded in 1984 in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a nationally recognized internet retailer. Stacksandstacks.com provides the best solutions for storage and organization, furniture, home furnishings for the living room, bedroom, office, kitchen, bathroom, and garage Choose from over 40,000 stylish, and affordable products for every room of the home.
Copyright 2013, Stacks and Stacks. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.