“Bringing the outside inside” is a great saying for Feng Shui specialists and interior decorators, but when it comes to actually bring the ‘outside inside’, most of us would rather not.
That’s why building a functional mudroom or entry way is so important – especially in the winter. You need to make a landing zone with a coat rack and door mats for wet coats and muddy boots. So, find a good coat rack sale online and begin cleaning up your entryway.
Today, mudrooms and entryways are more than just a buffer zone for keeping grime out of the home. They also serve as a nerve center to keep people organized and the household running smoothly. Create a functional mudroom with a coat rack and cubby holes and a few other simple steps.
Easy Entryway and Mudroom Tips:
- Start with an entryway that has a waterproof, resilient floor, such as concrete, tile, vinyl, laminate or stone. Carpeting will just get filthy.
- Cover the entryway floor with high-quality doormats and washable area rugs. These are going to be real workhorses, so choose utility over appearance.
- Pair a row of coat hooks or pegs or find a coat rack sale to buy a coat rack. It will also hold hats and scarves. Place a storage bench below where people can sit to remove their shoes.
- Create a message center to hold notes, assignments and keys and use shelving and bins to keep other items organized. A great place for this is above the coat rack.
- Customize each individual storage area by using different colored bins or name labels. Remember to leave space for guests to hang their coats on the coat rack.
- Choose entryway furniture with storage compartments to have a place to sit while changing shoes, along with a place to store wet shoes.
- Build or buy some cubbies for the entryway. These are great for keys, cell phones, gloves, hats, garden tools and other items.
The entryway is the gateway to your home. If organization and cleanliness begin there – it will filter into the rest of the house. Find a few bargains, like a coat rack sale or a clearance on storage items to begin. Don’t let the winter muck into your house this year.
Stacks and Stacks, founded in 1984 in the San Francisco Bay Area, is a nationally recognized internet retailer. Stacksandstacks.com provides the best solutions for storage and organization, furniture, home furnishings for the living room, bedroom, office, kitchen, bathroom, and garage Choose from over 40,000 stylish, and affordable products for every room of the home.
Copyright 2013, Stacks and Stacks. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.