So many people want to get organized but are overwhelmed and just don't know where to start. My answer may surprise people because what I suggest has nothing to do with your stuff but everything to do with managing your household…..menu planning.
It takes a small amount of time but the impact is huge. The time you free up can then be used to make a difference in other areas of your life.
Here are 15 reasons why menu planning works for me:
1. I never have to come up with a last minute meal idea off the top of my head.
2. Our meals are for the most part healthier and well balanced which helps keep my weight in check.
3. I always have the ingredients in the house for whatever I'm making because I make up my menu plan before going grocery shopping.
4. I always know what meat to take out of the freezer the night before.
5. I save money by not buying groceries I don't end up using.
6. I save money by planning my weekly menu around what is on sale that particular week.
7. I save time by planning quick and easy meals (especially crockpot meals which can be prepared in the morning when I'm not rushed and have more energy).
8. My kids and husband enjoy knowing in advance what is for dinner.
9. Helps me to avoid last minute unhealthy desperation meals.
10. I don't have to spend any more time in the kitchen than is absolutely necessary.
11. Knowing in advance what is coming up allows me to often prep one meal while making another, saving me even more time.
12. Dinner is organized and on the table at the same time every night.
13. If I need to use up food in my pantry or freezer I can plan my menu accordingly.
14. Less storage space is required in my kitchen as I'm only purchasing what I'm going to need for the week.
15. It gives me something to blog about every Monday
If you have been thinking about giving menu planning a try, now is the time. It's simple and it's easy. Create a menu of your own or "borrow" one from the many that are linked up to Menu Plan Monday each week at my site. I love getting fresh ideas and recipes from all the ladies that participate.
Happy Menu Planning!