The Ultimate Multi-Purpose Storage Item: Shoe Pockets

pocketsIn her post on Associatedcontent.com, Mary Moss mentions several uses for the over-the-door shoe pockets. One of them is for dog supplies. What a great idea!

I’m forever losing Spanky’s (my dog) brush and nail clippers. I have one of those handy shoe pocket organizers on the back of my laundry room door that currently houses four or five compact umbrellas. I think it’s found a new use.

I’ll keep his toys on a rotation, with the ones he’s not using in the pockets. I’ll keep his leash and some plastic bags in there along with all his grooming supplies. While I’m at it, I should put Noodle’s (my cat) cat nip and rabbit fur mice in there. Spanky loves to eat those when he can get them.

What would you use a Pocket Shoe Organizer for?

8 thoughts on “The Ultimate Multi-Purpose Storage Item: Shoe Pockets

• August 22 2007 at 7:38 am

I keep my hair stuff in one it's so much easier to find my curling iron, straighteners & mousses, gels & sprays when it's all kept together plus as I keep two of every bottle it's easy to see when I need to buy a new bottle.

I also have one on the back of the front passenger seat in the car, all my toddlers toys are stored away neatly & he can easily reach the toy of choice at that moment.

• August 22 2007 at 10:06 am

Oh, Eva, I use one for shoes (obviously) and another in my study for stationery and so on. I have my camera in one pocket, the cord and port in another, my MP4 charger and cord in another, spare pens and pencils in another,notebooks, etc.

• August 22 2007 at 10:07 am

I use a pocket shoe organizer in my pantry to organize small packets of seasonings, the kids' snacks, treats, and all of the smaller items that get lost on the shelfs. I got the idea from Laura at Organizing Junkie.

• August 22 2007 at 5:22 pm

Benny Bix Ochman Labradoodle Puppy has eaten every storage solution I have created for his toys.

Plastic crate. Ate it.
    Wooden box. Ate it.
    Canvas container. Ate it.

Then this morning I saw a metal basket on stacksandstacks.com and i bet he won't eat that. change that to, i hope he won't eat that.

he also has distinct ideas about apartment decorating, but that's another topic.

• August 22 2007 at 6:22 pm

Ladies – These are wonderful ideas. I need shoe pockets for evey door in my house now!
    And Spanky needs some more names.

~Eva

• August 22 2007 at 6:53 pm

Shoe pockets works great for my tons and tons of designer shoes.

• August 22 2007 at 7:11 pm

I use mine to store yarn. It's a perfect storage idea to keep everything stacked and in sight, too.
    Plus; if it's full, I do NOT let myself buy any more yarn. I am forced to use what I have, tackle projects I already have the yarn for.

• August 23 2007 at 11:18 am

Great way to keep the yarn-buying urge in check, Minnie! If only my purses would fit in there. They're getting way out of hand! ;)

~Eva