The reason many of us have clutter is because we are indecisive.
1. We bring in a pile of mail, don't want to decide what to throw away so we just put it somewhere to decide later.
What is that called? Clutter!
2. We come back from the shops with bags and bags of stuff. We haven't thought about where all that stuff is going to go, so we just shove it in the back of our wardrobes where it becomes…clutter!
Let's do one more – and it's one of my favourite examples too!
3. You download emails. Some of them you can answer easily, so you do. You need to think about others, some are a bit difficult because you might have to say "no" and don't want to be mean. You don't know how to deal with those so you close the email and there it stays – electronic clutter!
Bet you didn't realise how quickly all those moments of indecision piled up and left you a house and computer full of clutter!
My challenge to you is this:
1. Spend 15 minutes going around your house and make some of those tough decisions so you can eliminate the clutter!
2. Spend another 15 minutes working through your email inbox and exercise some discipline in making decisions. Personally, if I have some tough decisions to make, I'll leave emails for 24 hours. But then I decide. I can always change my mind but a decision is better than none at all!
Let me know in the comments if you decide to take up the challenge! I'm cheering you on.
~Marcia Francois, Organising Queen