Repurposed Item of the Week: Spice Rack

officeClutter Control Freak Blog has started a brand new category inspired by one of our contests (Unlikely uses for everyday items):

Repurposed Products!

Every Friday, I'll hunt down a product from the Stacks and Stacks website and give you a brand new (or at least new to me!) purpose for it.

This week – Spice Racks! Particularly, our Three Shelf Wire Spice Rack. Or maybe even the Alder Spice Rack.

One of these handy wall mounted spice racks is the perfect size for holding little plastic craft-paint bottles! (The photo is from The Knot's Message Board entry from Julia)

What would you do with a spice rack?

12 thoughts on “Repurposed Item of the Week: Spice Rack

• March 22 2008 at 2:08 pm

Wow – I like that one!

Thanks, Louise!

• March 24 2008 at 8:51 am

Great idea! I saw the one on OrgJunkie, but I love the idea of putting craft paints in a spice rack! I have a whole bunch of those little paint bottles, and I'm never sure what to do with them when they're not in use!

Thanks!

Caitlin's last blog post..Need Help? Barter For It!

• March 27 2008 at 5:50 pm

I know – the plastic box I have mine in doesn't quite cut it.

• February 4 2009 at 7:22 pm

BEADS!
    Spice jars are great for sorting beads. Sort by color, size, shape. Just one spice rack, or several hung close together, makes it so easy to add to (or limit) your collection. And it is easy to see what is in the jar without having to sift through shoe boxes full of plastic bags.

• February 4 2009 at 8:31 pm

Great idea, Gabby!

• February 2 2011 at 9:19 am

Fantastic idea, Leslie! I absolutely LOVE finding new uses for things!

• May 8 2011 at 7:57 pm

I use my old spice jars for buttons, beads, sewing needles, thimbles etc.; then I put them in my spice racks so they are easy to find when I need them. Small thread scissors fit into some jars as well. Pin cushion also fits into my spice racks.

Tatting, embroidery and yarn scraps fit into small jars that fit in the spice racks.

• May 9 2011 at 1:31 pm

What a great idea, Vernetta! I'm assuming the spice rack isn't used for spices anymore – I'm envisioning buttons in my soup! ;)