Shop Smart After Christmas and Save!By
Starting the day after Christmas and into January you'll find deep discounts in stores carrying holiday themed items (think Santa, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and religious icons like Mary and baby Jesus). Stock up now and save a bundle next year. CLUTTER CONTROL WARNING: Make a shopping list before you head out so you’re not tempted by the thought of a good deal only to find you don’t really need or want an item after you bring it home!
Smart purchases/good values include:
• Christmas gift-wrap, boxes and tissue paper.
• Items that have “2009” written on them (think ornaments, decorative plates, etc.) since they can't be sold next year.
• Snowman, polar bear and penguin-themed items that can be festive and fun throughout the whole winter season.
• Small Christmas stocking stuffers for next year.
• Holiday themed clothing. Pick up next year's Christmas pajamas, sweaters, etc. for the entire family.
• Candy, chocolate and other snacks with Christmas themes. They’ll still be yummy even in January!
• Christmas/holiday themed table decorations, place settings, linens and napkins.
• Strands of Christmas lights for indoor or outdoor use.
• Christmas yard decorations.
• Christmas/holiday-themed art, wall hangings and ornaments.
• Stores’ clearance sections a week or two after Christmas. People who received gifts that didn't suit them for some reason will probably have returned them by then and you can scoop them up at a real discount.
• Online versions of brick-and-mortar stores. Retailers may have stocks of items that stores will not bring in after the holidays so these items might be available only online.
• Items on sale that can be given for holidays other than Christmas like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, anniversaries and birthdays.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Here's to being organized for life!
- A. J.