When I wanted to write about Christmas this week, I wondered if it was too early.Then I saw two Christmas posts on a couple of my favorite "intentional living" blogs and I felt like I was in good company. So… onwards and upwards.
When you think about Christmas, what are the aspects that overwhelm you and stress you out?
For me, it's not knowing what's happening.
I'm a girl who loves a plan and I like to know who's hosting the lunch and what I have to bring.
I also like to have clear in my mind what we're doing about gifts and cards.
Here's a quick list I made just to get my high-level thinking going:
1. Who will we send Christmas cards to? Do I have enough or do I have to buy some more? (A Holiday Card Keeper is the perfect place to organize them!)
2. Who are we buying gifts for? What is our budget per person/ family?
3. What are we doing for Christmas lunch?
4. How much decorating are we doing?
5. Which activities do we want to participate in?
6. What caused us too much stress last year that we want to let go of? (too many socials, too much spending, etc.)
Does this list help you?
I suggest you print out these 6 questions and take 5 – 10 minutes over a cup of tea to answer them honestly.
Your answers may not look like those of other people but if you embrace YOUR vision, you'll be a lot happier.
Personally I found that reading too many decorating blogs around this time made me feel inadequate as I'm very minimalistic.
That's one thing I'm going to let go of
Marcia Francois is a time management coach and speaker who inspires busy women to break out of overwhelm, make the most of their time and take purposeful and focused action so they have the time and freedom to live life to the full.