In my quest to find natural solutions to all my everyday cleaning chores, I stumbled upon this list. I never realized something so inexpensive and readily available could do so much – and best of all, with no chemicals!
1. Sanitize your wooded cutting boards. Run a slice of lemon over the surface to disinfect.
2. Keep foods from browning from air exposure. Mix equal parts lemon juice and water and dunk apple or pear slices before serving, or squeeze a bit into guacamole and give it a stir.
3. Remove food stains from plastic containers. Squeeze lemon juice onto the soiled surface, rub, and let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with water.
4. Fade stains on cloth. Dilute lemon juice with an equal amount of water. Use an eyedropper or a cotton swab to make sure to target just the stain, then rinse with cool water.
5. Fresh decorating. Fill a glass bowl with lemons for a sunny centerpiece. Or display a row of lemons along a windowsill or shelf.
6. Soothe a sore throat. Roast a half of a lemon on a skewer over a medium flame on a gas stove (or an electric burner set on high) until the peel turns golden brown. Let cool enough to handle. Mix the juice with 1 teaspoon of honey. Slowly sip.
7. Whiten fingernails. Rub a lemon wedge across the surface of your fingernails.
8. Shine the interior of copper cookware. Dip a lemon wedge in salt, then scrub.
9. Brighten your whites. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice to the wash cycle once the washer has filled with water.
10. Remove sticky foods from a grater. Rub both sides of the grater with the pulp side of a lemon wedge.
What do YOU use lemon for? Share in a comment!