National Get Organized Month
I would be remiss in my duties as a professional organizer if I didn't plug Get Organized Month. It's sponsored by the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and is dedicated to raising awareness of the benefits of – you guessed it – getting organized!
If you'd like to take advantage of all that GO Month has to offer, then you have a plethora of resources at your disposal. Here are just a few of those…
(1) During GO Month, various NAPO chapters will hold public events like seminars or contests throughout the U.S. Find the ones in your local area here.
(2) Rubbermaid is sponsoring the Get Organized Contest. According to the contest description, we all have rooms at home that we wouldn't dare show anyone. (No, not me!) Now it's time to show everyone. And win.
(3) Last January, we talked about Self Magazine's challenge In 30 Days, You Can Get Organized. And it's still here to help this year! The only difference? Registering to participate could land you a luxe 3-night stay in Lenox, Mass. instead of Palm Springs, Cali.
(4) Amazon.com created a list of Top 10 New Year's Resolutions for 2009. Stop by to vote on your top resolution or scroll down to "Organize and Optimize" (#9) to view all kinds of storage and organization possibilities!
(5) Several national giants are rolling out the red carpet for those who want to get organized. (Woohoo – shopping!) There's the Blow-out Sale at Stacks and Stacks. The Winter Storage Event at Home Depot. The Biggest Sale of the Year at Organize. The Container Store claims "happiness is an organized closet," and if you agree, you shouldn't miss their annual Elfa sale.
Most contests, sales, and offers will end on/around 31 January – so don't miss out!
Return to: National Get Organized Month