When converting to small, tiny house accessories are as essential to staying organized as reducing our belongings.
Tiny houses and small kitchens alike make for unique storage problems. Tiny House Accessories such as the Over-Cabinet-Door Rack are lifesavers for small kitchens. This particular one is unique in that it has cleverly-designed, two-sided storage for maximum space efficiency. One side is useful for holding sponges, scouring pads and similar kitchen accessories and the other provides a handy towel hanger, which is great to have right under your sink.
While there are no actual products marketed as “tiny house accessories,” a variety of over-door, over-cabinet-door, under-cabinet, and simply small and efficient products are available for small kitchens and bathrooms. Here is a quick list of space-saving organizing and kitchen products that are well-suited for your tiny house:
- Collapsible kitchen products: strainers, dishpans, dish drains.
- Over-cabinet-door towel hangers and racks.
- Over-door racks: shoe racks, cap racks, clothes racks, pantry bins.
- Shower caddies that hang over your shower head.
- Floating shelves add instant storage to any free wall.
- Expandable cabinet shelves can be tailored to most cabinet sizes.
- In-drawer spice racks add convenient, concealed storage to any free drawer.
- Over-toilet storage racks make good use of underutilized space.
- Wire, over-sink storage shelves provide access to kitchen cleaning supplies.
Of course, when owning a tiny home, reducing your belongings, as well as your attachment to things is as essential to getting organized as having the right tiny house accessories. Simple living is part of the tiny home draw.
We’ll be posting more ideas about tiny home organizing, so be sure to check back. In the interim, you may enjoy these two small kitchen blog posts on Organizeit.com, our sister site: