This clay bakeware allows moisture to bake into your food, resulting in healthy and delicious meals. No fat or oil are needed when you're cooking with these Glazed Schlemmertopf clay pots!
Modern cuisine meets traditional cooking tools with the Glazed Schlemmertopf. These pots are unglazed, except for the bottoms - and the light glazing on the bottom of the interior of the pot ensures easy clean-up. The Schlemmertopf can be used in a gas or electric oven, or even in your microwave! Includes a cookbooklet and instructions for care.
- Soak the lid in cold water for 30 minutes before first use; thereafter, soak the lid in cold water for 10 minutes prior to each use.
- Start the cooking process in a cold oven (i.e., without preheating).
- Do not add cold liquids during the cooking time.
- Clean the bottom (glazed) part of the baker with hot water, using a mild detergent, or place it in the dishwasher. Clean the top (unglazed) part of the baker using only hot water (if you must, add a drop or two of mild detergent).
- Do not use abrasives or scouring pads to clean the lid, and do not put the lid in the dishwasher.